Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ms. Pam's tadpoles


My neighbor, Ms. Pam, has about 101 tadpoles in her backyard. She said there is one frog. Right now they are about the size of a raisin. They will get little legs and long hands and their tail will go away. Then they will be a frog "ribbit, ribbit, ribbit" (I'm hopping on the floor right now). I think this will take a couple of years.

The other day Ms. Pam caught some with a net and we got to hold them. It was slimy. I think Stevie (my cat) wants to kill all of them. I want to go back and see them, but first we have to put Stevie inside or he will follow us and Buster (their dog) wants to eat him. Stevie doesn't seem to care, he just sits on the fence and watches Buster.

I made a drawing of the tadpoles.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Trotman, I'm enjoying reading about your experiments. You must be having lots of fun. About the tadpoles ... when you mother was a little girl here at Webster Lake, we discovered that bullfrogs eat tadpoles and smaller frogs. Love, Grammy Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told Trotman about the big frog with the legs of the smaller frog sticking out of his mouth and he said:

    "Dude!"

    ReplyDelete