Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Putting out Fire

Yesterday I learned how to put out a fire without water. I put baking soda in a bowl, then mom lit a candle and put it in the bowl. Mom helped me pour vinegar on the baking soda. It had white bubbles. The candle when littler and littler and had no oxygen left, then it blew out.

Then we did the experiment again, but instead of vinegar I dumped a glass of water on the candle. That made it go out too.

I wore my fireman outfit to make sure nothing went on fire or didn't go on me or mom or anything else.

If you see a fire
, make sure every door is not locked. If you have a toy fire suit, wear it when you do an experiment with fire. Do no put 1,000 lighters in your car or it will break your windows and go on fire, and all of them will be broken. I saw this on Mythbusters yesterday.

Do not put 100 match heads in one big bucket or it will explode like a fireball. I saw that on Mythbusters too. That is my favorite show because it's telling me to not do any of their experiments, only with toys. I will do the toy experiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment